Location: Mount Juliet, TN
Type of Employment: Full Time
Manages parts operations within the dealership to maximize return on investment through; optimizing Parts Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction, growing profitable parts sales, exercising disciplined expense control, attracting and retaining outstanding talent and effectively engaging department personnel.
- Promotes TriGreen Equipment in a professional manner through personal appearance and dress according to the company policy.
- Sells parts, merchandise and/or services to meet customer needs.
- Maintains effective Parts department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Operates within the annual Parts Department budget to provide realistic attainable and measurable parts sales and profit goals compatible with the overall dealership financial and operational objective.
- Monitors parts sales on a monthly basis to assure achievement of budgeted sales and profit goals.
- Executes Parts Department marketing plans and monitors monthly to ensure achievement of departmental goals.
- Maintain exciting, attractive and current merchandising and self-selection displays.
- Maintain an accurate and effective parts inventory control system that includes proper counter procedures to achieve management goals for percent fill, customer service and inventory turnover.
- Conducts annual physical inventory and facilitates perpetual inventory process of all parts and related inventories.
- Communicates with Regional Manager and/or Inventory Control Manager for stock item levels and needs.
- Submits all parts warranty and return claims within the required time frame to receive maximum credit.
- Maximizes use of all order discount programs for customer and internal shop orders.
- Resolve customer complaints relative to parts service with a focus on customer satisfaction and customer retention.
- Controls and maintains proper paper flow in the Parts Department to reflect all parts activity and necessary to audit the performance of the department and individual employees on a monthly basis.
- Utilizes proper company purchasing practices.
- Maintain a neat, clean and attractive environment throughout the parts department area of responsibility.
- Maintains all departmental tools, equipment and vehicles in good working order.
- Assists with the collection of defaulted accounts resulting from parts sales. Conduct regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
- Assists Regional Manager with any other assigned duties.
- Promotes team environment within all departments of the dealership.
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Parts Department operations.
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and Internet functions.
- Ability to speak effectively one-on-one and within a group. Basic understanding of financial principles relative to Parts Department operations.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports
- Must have analytical, business planning, problem solving, communication, motivational and good interpersonal people skills.
- Ability to analyze machine diagram and determine part needed according to diagram.
- This position will be responsible for all parts department personnel at the dealership level.
- Physical environment-ability to lift a minimum of 75 pounds; tasks may include lifting, bending, squatting, standing for prolonged periods and sitting.