Location: Athens, AL
Type of Employment: Full Time
Communicate with requesting branch and customers in a professional and timely manner, dispatch mobile service technicians to service calls in an efficient and productive manner based on location and skill of technician thereby maximizing TriGreen profits and providing exceptional customer service. Assist technicians with technical information and advising best option for parts procurement based on availability and location.
- Represents TriGreen Equipment in a professional, honest manner (to include appearance & dress according to corporate policy).
- Evaluate Repair Orders in a timely manner as they are received to determine that all pertinent information is included, determine if the issue is one that can be resolved over the phone and if not, which mobile technician is best suited for the job based on skill and location.
- Communicate well with requesting branch, customer and technician during complete process in a timely manner.
- Determine minimum fees needed to collect or guarantee from customer prior to dispatch, address issues as they arise and keep customer informed of work in process until completion.
- Provide support to mobile technicians with their day to day activities including the preplanning and scheduling of future jobs, pre – diagnosing and matching parts with dispatch when possible.
- Assist Field Service Manager and all branch service managers in planning and coordinating PIP completion on large equipment 90 days prior to expiration, incorporating these with day to day dispatches to minimize lost travel time.
- Assist in monitoring outstanding jobs to ensure completion and work with mobile technicians on return and warranty parts accountability.
- Assist Field Service Manager with mobile technician safety briefings on a monthly basis.
- Complete any other job duties assigned by supervisor.
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in Service Department operations
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions including dealer provided applications.
- Advanced understanding of financial principles relative to Service Department operations
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports
- Familiar with John Deere and competitive products
- Previous supervisory or management experience preferred but no required
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to diagnose and repair mechanical problems related to agriculture equipment/outdoor power equipment preferred
- Ability to write and work on routine reports and correspondence
- Must have analytical, business planning, problem solving, communication, motivational and interpersonal people skills.
- Ability to speak effectively one on one or before groups of customers or employees of the organization
- Ability to interpret department financial statements
- Ability to negotiate customer complaints to a satisfactory resolution
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Proven ability to be a team player
- Proven ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds; tasks may include lifting, bending, squatting, standing, sitting for prolonged periods of time
- Valid driver’s license with an insurable driving record required
- Ability to work extended hours, weekends and holidays if required
- Available to travel