Location: Athens, AL
Type of Employment: Full Time
Purpose: Maintains Accounts Receivable processes to ensure the effective collection of all accounts receivable. Also assists in collections related to JDCRP, FarmPlan, and JDC retail notes
- Promotes TriGreen Equipment in a professional, honest manner (to include personal appearance & dress)
- Uses approved collections methods to actively collect all accounts more than 90 days old.
- Provides quarterly reports to Territory managers about 90 day past due accounts
- Manages the outside collections process when outside collections agencies are used.
- Maintains a list of all accounts that are written off to bad debt and continues to pursue bad debt that is on the list
- Manages the BNSF collections process to ensure timely payment
- Provides information to John Deere in regard to actions they are taking to collect JDCRP, FarmPlan and retail notes.
- Posts daily farm plan transactions
- Promotes FarmPlan as the first choice for customer receivables.
- Assist admin at each location in AR reconciliation and posting unapplied credits
- Prints and mails customers’ in-house statements monthly
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required, some college/vocational training preferred
- One-year experience preferred
- Must have knowledge of basic accounting
- Ability to use standard desktop applications such as Microsoft Office suite, internet tools & functions
- Basic clerical duties, to include, but not limited to, filing, answering telephones, basic dictation, creation of correspondence (reports, letters, etc.)
- Proven basic accounting skills, to include but not limited to account reconciliation, working knowledge of general ledger, bank deposit reconciliation, etc.
- Must have analytical, business planning, problem solving, communication, motivational and interpersonal people skills.
- Ability to speak effectively in one on one or group settings
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to analyze and interpret basic reports
- Ability to lift a minimum of 15 pounds; tasks may include lifting, bending, squatting, standing, sitting for prolonged periods of time
- Valid driver’s license with an insurable driving record required
- Ability to work extended hours, weekends and holidays