Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Type of Employment: Full Time
Manages service operations within the dealership to maximize return on investment through; optimizing Service Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction, growing profitable service labor sales, exercising disciplined expense control, attracting and retaining outstanding talent and effectively engaging department personnel. Advises and makes recommendations to the Territory Manager with respects to the best interest of the Service Department. Responsible for Service Department Customer Satisfaction. Negotiates customer complaints to a satisfactory conclusion.
Major Functions and Scope:
- Represents TriGreen Equipment in a professional, honest manner (to include appearance & dress according to corporate policy).
- Develops and maintains effective Service Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Implements annual Service Department goals and budget, in alignment with the organizations financial and operational objectives.
- Executes Service Department marketing plan and monitor monthly to ensure achievement of departmental goals.
- Takes the lead in sharing best practices and implementing common processes throughout the Service Department.
- Monitors individual and overall Service Department performance relative to labor sales and expense control in line with the organizations objectives.
- Schedule and assign jobs and work areas to employees according to their skills and knowledge Coordinates and resolves interdepartmental issues.
- Submits all service warranty and Product Improvement Program claims within the required time frame to receive maximum credit.
- Maintains all departmental tools, equipment and vehicles in good working order.
- Ensure that Service Department is equipped with the necessary special tools and service equipment is available and maintained in good working order.
- The service department should be kept in a clean manner.
- Make recommendations regarding the purchase of Service vehicles, and maintain the fleet on a manner to provide a profitable operation
- Develop, maintain and adhere to a priority system for scheduling all service work, both customer and internal to ensure work orders are completed in a timely manner.
- Reviews all management reports necessary to audit the performance of department and individual employees
- Hold departmental meetings on a regular basis Complete any other job duties assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Experience, Competencies and Supervision:
- Minimum 3+ years experience in Service Department operations.
- Graduation from John Deere Tech program preferred but not required.
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions.
- Basic understanding of financial principles relative to Service Department operations.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports.
- Familiar with John Deere and competitive products
- Previous supervisory or management experience preferred but not required.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to diagnose and repair mechanical problems related to agriculture equipment/outdoor power equipment preferred.
- Ability to write and work on routine reports and correspondence.
- Must have analytical, business planning, problem solving, communication, motivational and interpersonal people skills.
- Ability to speak effectively one on one or before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to interpret department financial statements.
- Ability to negotiate customer complaints to a satisfactory resolution.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- This position will be responsible for Service Administrator, Service Foreman, Service and Set-up Personnel and Delivery Personnel.
- Physical environment-ability to lift a minimum of 75 pounds; tasks may include lifting, bending, squatting, standing for prolonged periods and sitting.