Location: Athens, AL
Type of Employment: Full Time
Promotes and sells parts to meet customer needs. Assists in the management of parts inventory and promotes a clean, safe environment for customers and colleagues.
Major Functions and Scope:
- Promotes TriGreen Equipment in a professional, honest manner, to include personal appearance and dress according to the company policy.
- Sells parts, merchandise and/or services to meet customer needs.
- Maintain customer goodwill by greeting and acknowledge all customers he/she comes in contact with.
- Records sales and/or counter transactions.
- Assist in keeping parts department clean and orderly.
- Supplies Service Technicians with parts as required.
- Maintains the retail sales floor and displays to meet or exceed dealership standards and today's customer expectations.
- Assists with preparing and maintaining merchandise display.
- Controls showroom inventory to ensure maximum sales and customer satisfaction
- When working the parts counter, follows prescribed cash, credit, and check processing procedures of the dealership.
- Processes cores, warranties, and new return merchandise as required at point of sale
- Verifies receipting-in of shipments and assists with placing Machine Down and Stock Orders in their proper locations.
- Follow up on shortages and expedite through reporting to Parts Manager.
- Participates in all job related training and development.
- Attends training and schools as prescribed by management to maintain proficiency in his/her job responsibilities
- Uses dealership equipment and resources safely and proficiently, such as hydraulic hose-making machine, battery Safe-T-Fill machine, testing equipment, and vehicle Performs routine housekeeping tasks to maintain and enhance the cleanliness of products and the retail sales area.
- Should be knowledgeable of parts merchandising and associated selling
- Maintains condition of department vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment.
- Performs other tasks as directed by his/her supervisor
Knowledge, Experience, Competencies and Supervision:
- At least 1 year experience in Parts Department operations preferred.
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends
- Ability to analyze and interpret basic Parts Department reports.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to accept direction from immediate supervisors.
- General knowledge of parts used for agriculture and outdoor equipment.
- Physical environment-ability to lift a minimum of 75 pounds; tasks may include lifting, bending, squatting, standing for prolonged periods and sitting.
TriGreen Equipment offers a excellent benefit package which includes: BC/BS health insurance, Guardian dental, 401k with company match, paid holidays, paid time off and more!